You can laugh at the head phones -we did, too! We saw them at the Boat Show a few years ago and chuckled. They are called "marriage savers", guaranteed to reduce friction during anchoring. Jay's hand signals used to work well for forward, reverse, neutral, power up and slow down. Then we noticed one dark night after a night sail that the signals did not work when it came time to anchor since I couldn't see him in the dark. We began to consider the headphones as being a practical solution and finally bought them last year. They were perfect when we left the Little Choptank the other night and when we anchored in Solomon's at 3AM. So we have been using them all the time. I get to hear all the little comments Jay has been making for years and I have been missing. Those comments are happy ones since the Captain loves his windlass and wash down hose.
|
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.